Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're an award-winning full service in-house legal, ethics & compliance function. We're made up of Corporate, Commercial, IP and Data Protection Lawyers. We're based primarily in London but have recently added teams in Russia, Portugal, China, Italy and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure Farfetch goes from strength to strength.
The Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team at FARFETCH is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel - reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation). You will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories in conjunction with our wider international Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team sitting in Porto, Moscow, New York, Milan and Shanghai. Acting as a true business partner, this role requires someone who is hands on and commercially minded, with a strong professional ethic and the energy, interest and training to pursue a broad array of contentious and non-contentious IP and brand protection matters. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Working with the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) on IP and brand protection matters (contentious and non-contentious) across the globe, including management of the FARFETCH Group’s trade mark, copyright, patent and domain name portfolio and managing brand protection strategy across the Group
- Taking ownership of material business projects, including acquired company IP integration, and working with the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) to design and implement IP strategy across the FARFETCH Group
- Leading on all trade mark and (where relevant) design clearance work, as well as all filings and prosecutions and dealing with registry formalities, managing and working closely with external counsel and agents around the world
- Handling all contentious matters related to the FARFETCH Group IP portfolio, including domain name recovery, trade mark opposition, revocation and cancellation actions and Cease and Desist letters
- Supporting the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) and wider Legal team on the IP elements of large-scale commercial projects and corporate acquisitions
- Supporting the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) on complex multi-jurisdictional IP litigation
- Designing and delivering IP and brand protection training and education to upskill colleagues and embed brand protection thinking into the FARFETCH Group
- Working with the Legal teams in Russia, Portugal, US, Italy and China on a range of IP and brand protection matters arising out of these territories.
WHO YOU ARE
- Be a qualified lawyer with at least 3 years’ PQE and strong IP experience, either as a commercial/IT/IP lawyer or a brand protection specialist (trade marks and copyright are essential, designs and patents would be a plus)
- Have litigation and/or IP enforcement expertise from a multi-brand background.
- Have excellent training; prior in-house experience would be beneficial
- Have a global outlook and experience working with multiple territories and/or managing international projects
- Be experienced in managing external counsel and/or agents on specific projects
- Proven ability to deliver commercial and pragmatic solutions and concise advice
- Be driven, forward thinking, robust, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen