About LawtechUK and Tech Nation
LawtechUK is a government-backed initiative powered by Tech Nation, which is supporting the transformation of the legal sector through technology, delivered through a collaboration with the LawtechUK Panel and the Ministry of Justice. We do this through impactful projects, products, research, communications and engagement.
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders, fueling the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
As the LawtechUK Manager, you will manage a diverse range of small and large projects from inception through to delivery. Projects include the Lawtech Sandbox, research projects, digital projects, streamlining processes and scaling initiatives. This role requires effective communication and management across multiple disciplines such as network engagement, research, events, digital development, and communications and marketing.
A Day in the Life of the Lawtech UK Manager might look something like this:
- Project delivery and management: planning, scheduling and driving the delivery of all projects within time and budget, including coordination of project team
- Stakeholder management: manage cross-functional teams. Keep the Head and wider team informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Budget and financial management: work with the Head and wider project team to accurately estimate an agreed scope of work. Track and report the financial status of a project against current estimates.
- Discovery: work closely with the Head taking part in project discovery and refinement
- Tracking and reporting: Tracking project performance and reporting internally and externally (including to Ministry of Justice)
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Experience of delivering online and offline projects, including using agile methodology.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills: multi tasker and motivator.
- Great team player - used to leveraging resources and making things happen in a collaborative way
- Ability to skilfully navigate and collaborate in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Be entrepreneurial, problem solver, with a collaborative approach.
- Be self-motivated, curious and comfortable working independently.
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Proven track record of success and results in complex, fast-moving environments
- Be committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- An interest in UK tech and entrepreneurship
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with the incredible tech start-up/scale-ups, LawtechUK Panel and wider tech and legal ecosystem
- 16 health benefits via Untangl e.g. Gym Discount, Dental Health Scans
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A combined 9 % pension contribution
- A flexible working environment, work from anywhere in the UK
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Travel season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- A personal learning budget through Learnerbly
- Access to mental health tools such as Spill, bi-weekly online exercise classes as well as meditation.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.