An opportunity for a talented EU Law legal professional to join our LexisPSL team. The focus of the role is to develop and deliver legal practical guidance, precedents and current awareness for our online product.
The successful candidate will have significant experience working for a leading private practice law firm or a FTSE company, and will have a track record of advising in and application of one or more of the following EU law areas:
• Constitutional EU Law
• EU Public Procurement
• Data protection
• Financial services regulation
• Regulatory (consumer products etc.)
Ideally the successful candidate will also have experience of working in an EU institution, although this is not essential to the extent that the candidate displays good knowledge and understanding of the workings, processes and procedures of the EU institutions, EU legislative procedure and sources of EU legal information and guidance.
Candidates must hold a legal qualification in either the UK or an EU Member State (France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Nordics or Benelux desirable).
This is a fixed term contract for an initial period of 12 months.
To develop and maintain a market-leading practical guidance offering for the LexisPSL product. The role will involve working closely with members of other LexisPSL practice areas, the wider LexisNexis business and external lawyers to ensure that the LexisPSL content is high quality and tailored to the needs of our customers.
To deliver this, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering core practical guidance content such as practice notes, precedents and Q&As
- Developing new content and maintaining existing content to a high standard technically and editorially
- Monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and updates regarding legal developments, including by ‘horizon scanning’ for upcoming developments
- Working closely with the current awareness team to produce a leading current awareness offering, providing EU Law news of the highest quality, tailored to the needs of UK practitioners that require an understanding of the latest developments from the EU
- Contributing ideas for the development of technical solutions with our product teams, to ensure that we are delivering guidance in the most efficient way possible.
- When required, delivering training to the LexisPSL team on technical legal issues and developments
- Promoting the LexisPSL reputation by contributing to marketing activity
- Forging external relationships with law firms and/or authors to promote contribution to LexisPSL
- Meeting with customers as appropriate to receive and respond to feedback and to keep up to date with their needs
- Networking and collaborating with the wider business to share and access existing content and to identify new business opportunities
- Engaging with internal sales and go-to-market teams during engagements with customers
- Collaborating with the PSL team at large supporting best practice development, the sharing of expertise and identification of potential business/product opportunities
Although the role is not a sales role in the traditional sense, business development is a key aspect and the successful candidate will also be expected to draw upon their strong networks amongst the legal profession to inform the services they develop, to leverage contacts to contribute to the product, to facilitate the sales process and to collaborate effectively with the LexisNexis sales and marketing function.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to change the focus of their legal career and to be involved in the development of market leading products at the heart of the LexisNexis proposition.