Kambi Group plc is a leading B2B provider of premium sports betting services to licensed gaming operators. Our services provide an end-to-end solution for operators wanting to launch a standalone Sportsbook or bolster their existing offering with an innovative sports betting product. From front-end user interface to customer intelligence, risk management and odds compiling, all built on our in-house developed software, we strive to deliver the ultimate service and solution to our partners.
Our vision is to create the world’s leading sports betting experiences, together with our partners.
With offices in Malta (HQ), Bucharest, Philadelphia, London, Manila, Sydney, Uppsala and Stockholm and together with over 900 passionate and highly skilled people; Kambi live and breathe sports betting. It is in everything we do. From delivering a premium service to our operators, to creating an entertaining experience for the end user; we are unwavering in our mission to create the worlds’ leading sports betting experience.
Working within Kambi’s Legal department, the Paralegal will be working primarily within the Commercial team, but will also assist the Regulatory and Compliance teams as required. The Paralegal will responsible for assisting in various daily duties including:
- drafting and reviewing contracts such as NDAs and other standard agreements;
- preparing the first draft of new company policies;
- conducting legal research on a wide range of different issues, including intellectual property and employment law matters;
- handling company secretarial matters including drafting board minutes and liaising with internal stakeholders;
- assisting with the management of Kambi’s intellectual property portfolio;
- undertaking contract management responsibilities including organising the hard copy filing of contracts and signings;
- performing ad hoc administrative duties as and when required; and
- proactively volunteering to acquire knowledge/expertise in response to business demand and participating in team meetings.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent academic record;
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and context of legal tasks and use initiative;
- Excellent attention to detail even in time pressured situations;
- High levels of pragmatism and common sense;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Literate and fluent in English;
- Ability to inspire respect and confidence with internal stakeholders; and
- Ambition and intention to pursue a career as a qualified solicitor.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Either completed or near to completing the Legal Practice Course;
- Previous Paralegal experience either in-house or private practice;
- Company secretarial experience including writing minutes and liaising with different stakeholders;
- Regulatory experience of any kind (including applications); and
- Sports betting or other gaming experience or demonstrable curiosity about the business and the sector.