Lyst is a Global Fashion Search and Discovery Platform which connects over 100 million shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic technology/commercial lawyer to join our high impact and driven in-house legal team. The role is impressive in scope, covering technology, commercial, advertising/media, data protection, intellectual property and corporate. You will work closely with stakeholders across the business to provide legal advice and implement legal solutions on a wide variety of often complex matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day legal queries and advising on a variety of legal issues facing a high-growth B2C technology company, such as data protection, commercial, intellectual property and consumer regulation
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Supporting on corporate matters including fundraising & governance
- Managing relationships with external counsel
- Staying abreast of, and providing legal advice on, technological and regulatory developments that impact the fashion e-commerce industry
- You are a qualified lawyer in England and Wales (3-5 PQE*) with excellent academic credentials and you have trained and qualified at a top tier law firm
- You have ideally spent some time working in-house or on secondment, preferably with a focus on technology and data protection
- You bring high energy and enthusiasm to the role, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- You can prioritise and manage a busy and varied workload
- You have excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills and work well with autonomy and collaboratively
- You are driven, forward thinking and innovative with strong commercial acumen and intellectual curiosity
* PQE is a guide only and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can demonstrated