**Group: **BusOps | **Function: Legal & Policy **| Team: Legal
How do you verify real people in the digital world? Onfido helps companies see real identity – the humans behind the screens – using world-leading AI and identity experts. Our solutions enable customers to prove their identities, wherever they are, with just an ID and their face. So companies have everything they need to grow their businesses securely.
Our AI-based technology assesses whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compares it against their facial biometrics. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Bunq and Remitly the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
**The Opportunity **
Onfido is scaling rapidly and we’re looking for a talented Legal Counsel to join our London team. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel for EMEA and APAC, your mission is to support the UK business as a trusted advisor and commercial contracts lawyer. You’ll work closely with our Growth (Sales) team on B2B customer and partner contracts, provide support on privacy and supplier matters, and get involved in a wide range of cross-functional projects. You’ll also work with the Legal and wider Business Operations teams to train colleagues and encourage self-serve behaviours (for example, through contract automation), so that we’re focussing resources on the most interesting areas and key business objectives.
Throughout, you’ll collaborate with talented legal colleagues (currently 7 lawyers and 1 Legal Operations Manager) and work with a supportive and encouraging team lead. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our legal offering to the business as we continue to expand, and contribute towards our wider commercial strategy.
**As a UK Legal Counsel at Onfido you will: **
- Work closely with our Growth (Sales) team to draft and negotiate our B2B customer and partner contracts
- Provide frontline support on privacy and data protection matters, supported by our Director of Privacy
- Assist with supplier matters such as supplier audits, contract reviews and negotiations, and marketing reviews
- Provide legal support for ad-hoc projects across a range of business functions (e.g. Finance, HR, Operations, Product, Risk & Compliance and Strategy)
- Help set up agile risk-based processes and procedures
- Contribute towards Onfido’s legal resources, playbooks and training programmes
- Potential to become involved in corporate or IP matters depending on interest and experience
We’re looking for a UK Legal Counsel who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- 2-5 years’ experience in-house or at a top law firm (with secondment experience), with a focus on commercial, tech or corporate transactions
- Demonstrable experience of providing end-to-end contractual support from RFP stage to signature
- Interest in and/or working knowledge of data privacy law
- Strong commercial acumen; able to take a pragmatic approach to legal risk and advise the business accordingly
- Skilled at collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Openness and enthusiasm for learning about and taking on new areas of law and regulation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and can-do approach; no job is too big or too small
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic business
- Qualified to practise law in the UK or equivalent jurisdiction
- Prior in-house experience within a high-growth technology company
- Experience working on multi-jurisdictional transactions and matters
- Experience in any of the following legal areas: corporate, financial regulation, IP
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
- Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first.
- Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes.
- **Creating customer buzz; **you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus.
- Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others.
- Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimenting and innovating to make things better.
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
- Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
- Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
- Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.