Lyst is on a mission to create the leading platform every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy. Our search and discovery platform connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, providing a simple and engaging experience, whatever their fashion shopping mission.
At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the Squad’s goals. We reward these Squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a passionate technology/commercial lawyer to join our dynamic in-house team. The role is impressive in scope, covering technology, data protection, commercial, intellectual property and corporate.You will work closely with teams across the business to provide legal advice and implement legal solutions on a wide variety of matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Managing day-to-day legal queries and advising on a variety of legal issues facing a B2C technology company, such as data protection, commercial, intellectual property and consumer regulation
- Supporting on corporate matters including fundraising & governance
- Supporting the People and Talent teams with employment matters
- Assisting with the documentation and processes for Lyst’s employee share option scheme
- You are a qualified lawyer in England and Wales (2-4PQE*) with excellent academic credentials and you have trained and qualified at a top tier law firm
- You have ideally spent some time working in-house or on secondment, preferably with a focus on technology and data protection
- You bring high energy and enthusiasm to the role, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- You can prioritise and manage a busy and varied workload
- You have excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills and work well with autonomy and collaboratively
- You are driven, forward thinking and innovative with strong commercial acumen and intellectual curiosity
* PQE is a guide only and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest. There’s also the 8 public bank holidays too.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget.
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans