Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're an award-winning full service in-house legal, ethics & compliance function. We're made up of Corporate, Commercial, IP and Data Protection Lawyers. We're based primarily in London but have recently added teams in Russia, Portugal, China, Italy and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure Farfetch goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
We are looking to scale our Legal, Ethics & Compliance (LEC) team in a sustainable and efficient way. We're looking for a Head of Legal Operations to drive change, build a framework and set up the strategy & streamline processes. Someone who is excited by the FARFETCH mission and culture, and passionate about technology. We are looking for someone who can establish and build a legal operations function to support our growing team of nearly 40 in seven jurisdictions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll work closely with our VP Group Legal to ensure delivery of the Legal team's goals.
- Identify opportunities to optimise processes for the LEC team and for the wider team around Legal, Ethics and Compliance processes & contribute to the strategic planning for the team
- Build scalable processes to prepare the LEC team for continued growth
- Establish processes to report on key operational and substantive metrics for the LEC leadership that will better inform decision-making
- Identify risks & root causes in our internal legal processes and recommend and implement solutions and proactively search for new opportunities to improve our legal service to other parts of the business
- Optimise workflows within the team and in its interactions with other teams within the wider business
- Identify and implement tools (including technology solutions) to streamline new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Leading and execute (end to end) complex change projects;
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse and report on efficiencies and utilisation in the LEC team
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse, report and manage outside counsel usage and spend & assist with budget matters
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have strong experience of operations within the professional services (finance or legal) ideally in an e-commerce or other technology environment
- You do not need a legal background, although experience within the legal sector would bean advantage
- You have strong stakeholder management experience at all levels and functions, articulate, and able to negotiate
- You thrive in operational efficiency and you are able to manage multiple projects at one time
- You display initiative, solutions focused with attention to detail.
- Passion for process efficiency and how this can contribute to the wider business.
- You have an ambitious mindset and are willing to embrace new opportunities, encouraging of others and a strong team player.